Thursday, April 23

Need Design Skills?

You can become a professional designer without attending a year college! Sure, it takes hard work + dedication to learn how to manage your time + learn by yourself. But once you get into the design groove, it will be so well worth your creative effort. Below are some useful sites that can help you get started as a graphic or web designer. Already skilled? Well use these resources to beef up your design skills + portfolio.

ONLINE TRAINING
Sessions.edu is an accredited online School of art + design that can help you reach your goals. I took the Graphic Design I class online through this site when I was first starting out as a graphic designer. The class was very helpful, and allowed me to add work to my portfolio. There is a talented teacher that can answer your questions, and you're able to network with other students + designers.

DESIGN RESOURCES

Toxel.com
"17 Unusual + Creative Mailboxes"
"Top 75 Best Design Resources of 2008"

PhotoshopRoadMap.com
"The Best 80 Photoshop Text Effects on the Web"

LifeClever.com
"584 Ways to Design a Business Card?"
"I heart Flickr: my new source for joy + design inspiration"

WEB INSPIRATION
Sawse.com
"12 Invaluable Sites for Web Design and Design Inspiration"

YouTheDesigner.com
A useful design blog featuring tips + freebies + jobs
"7 Ways to Build Trust on a Porfolio Site"
"Google Local Business Center for Designers"

RedBubble.com
Another great way to get inspired is to look at other artist's work. I like to browse the RedBubble and Etsy.com and even Flikr.com sites for paintings, digital art, and graphic pictures that inspire me to CREATE!


1 comment:

  1. I am sure this article has touched all the internet users, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new website.
    Here is my webpage ... golden virginia

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive people!