Wednesday, June 24

Chicago River Cruise

This past weekend was the hottest weekend in Chicago this year! I found (ok my MOM found) a way to kick of the summer. I spent the day downtown on the Chicago River with half of my family (the side that needs a tan.) We enjoyed the official Chicago Architectural Foundation informative, and on the water River Cruise boat tour. All of these photos were taken with my awesome camera phone! I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed the tour.

I feel in love with my Sweet Home Chicago all over again.



















The Chicago House of Blues is a great venue to see a show. Its big enough to be LIVE and small enough to see the artist on stage.
















Fountain on the River ... wish I lived there!













Chicago was a major port city in the 1950's and still has the most boats on the Lake to date.

















Me and Mama enjoying the sun (well not really its was SO HOT) and especially loving our Margaritas!

















Navy Pier is awesome! The view from the huge Ferris wheel is beautiful despite the fear of going so fast! Navy Pier also houses a movie theater, games for kids, shops, and more!


The new owners might want us to officially call it WILLIS TOWER, but to native Chicago-ans and the world, she will always be THE SEARS TOWER.















The landmark Tribune Tower. Wonderful unique architecture and one of the pillars of the city that starts the magnificent mile! This design was the result of an international competition for "the most beautiful office building in the world," held in 1922 by the Chicago Tribune newspaper.










Chicago city view with Sears Tower and other buildings.












The money shot.























The Famo.
















This last photo is Me, step-sisters and their hubbies, my mom, and step-dad. My boo was working :( and my sister and her man missed the boat, and they all were missed!

Half of the family (well almost) was with me on the River Cruise this past weekend. We felt like tourists, snapping pictures, "oohing" and "ahhing" at the buildings, and soaking in the Chicago History from our tour guide.

WANT MORE?
City of Chicago
Chicago Architecture Foundation
The Chicago River Cruise
The Sears Tower
Tribune Tower
Chicago House of Blues
Chicago River Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive people!