Monday, August 24

Art + Poetry: CAN I GO OUTSIDE?

CAN I GO OUTSIDE?
by Martha A. Wade
16x20" Acrylic on Canvas

(click image to enlarge)








Baby Steps
a poem by Mario

my skin misses natural light
longing for the moment
when escape from the Stalag is real
I will run
feet floating over broken glass and plasma
past the flowers and away from harm
I run
past momentary lethargy and questionable practice
putting my toy truck to good use
cleaning up our current condition
placing the debris somewhere where adults will forget
my nana tells me to take baby steps
she knows I can fly

Written by Mario
© 2009 No Blank Mission Pub.
All Works Protected by Karmic Law Roosevelt Franklin Writers Guild

CONTACT THE POET
Blog: Mario in Hyde Park
Twitter: @marioinhydepark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it positive people!